What is Link Crew?
- Link Crew is a freshman transition program that welcomes incoming freshmen and makes them feel comfortable and supported throughout the first year of their high school experience. Link Crew trains incoming juniors and seniors to support and be positive role models for incoming 9th graders. We are also happy to have incoming sophomores join our administrative team, so Link Crew really is an opportunity for all Willits High School students.
- Link Crew is a year long transition program with four components that contribute to its success:
- High School Orientation - Link Leaders and freshmen start building the mentor relationship and freshmen receive information about how to be successful in high school
- Academic Follow-Ups - Link Leaders connect with freshman by delivering guidance lessons aimed at increasing freshman knowledge about available resources and developing positive academic skills.
- Social Follow Ups - Link Leaders and freshmen connect outside the classroom at social events to increase student engagement, and promote positive school climate
- Leader Initiated Contacts - Link Leaders connect with their freshmen on a more individual basis
Who are Link Leaders?
Link Leaders are upperclassmen (Juniors & Seniors) whose communication skills, leadership potential, responsibility, and personality have helped them succeed in the high school environment. The lessons they have learned should be shared to help others succeed. You could have a tremendous influence on new students and gain many valuable leadership skills in the process. Plus, it's really fun!
Qualities we are looking for in our Link Crew Leaders:
How can I become a Link Leader?
First , you must be willing to commit for the duration of the entire school year, and you must be a junior or senior during the 2020-2021 school year. Current freshmen who are interested in being a part of the Admin. Team can also apply for that position.
Second, all interested students must complete an application. The online application is available below! The deadline to apply is Friday May 15th. If you have any questions, please see one of the Link Crew Coordinators: Ms. Lohne, Mrs. Burke, or Mrs. Barrett.