Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan
Public Input Opportunity
I am seeking input from our district stakeholders to assist WUSD in providing the best education possible for our students as we continue distance learning and prepare for on-site instruction. We value your ideas relating to district practices and funding and wish to incorporate them into the Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan, the LCAP for the 2020/21 school year.
The purpose of this plan is to describe how the district will address the impact of COVID-19 and maintain continuity of student learning this school year. The final document will be presented to the board on 9/28/20 and will include the following:
- Provision of distance learning and the transfer to in person classroom instruction when public health condition allows it
- Measure student progress/participation and address learning loss
- Provide support for English Learners, Foster Youth, Homeless Youth, Students with Unique Needs, and Low-income students
- Ensure access to internet and hardware devices
- Provide resources and support to address the mental health of students and staff along with social/emotional well-being for students and staff
- Student/family engagement and outreach to reengage students who are absent, unengaged, or at risk of learning loss
- Provide meals for students during distance learning and in-person instruction
WUSD is eligible for $1,400,000 in funding and although this appears like a lot of money it is a decrease in revenue from previous years through LCAP. With all governmental funds there are requirements and timelines to follow. The majority of funds must be spent by December and can only be spent on items mentioned above. Hiring additional permanent staff is not an option because the one time funds must be spent by December.
The district has already spent funds on the following necessary items to begin operations and distance learning on August 31st:
• Large amounts of PPE equipment, sanitizers, and cleaning supplies.
• Two additional days of teacher paid preparation time for distant learning.
• Independent Study materials and supplies for 9-12
• Wi-Fi Equipment for buses
• Protective screens and other safety equipment
• Chromebooks for 3rd grade
• Online software such as IXL, Renaissance Learning, Zoom and Canvas
• Additional teacher to Blosser
• Additional support time of school nurse
• Tech equipment for classrooms to present remote distant learning
• Teacher training of technology
• Ipads for all students Grades K-1 and Chromebooks for all second graders.
Please email me any ideas you have to make education better for our students, I welcome your input: firstname.lastname@example.org