The foundation of effective governance is the common focus, core values and beliefs that governance team members team members share about children, the district and public education. The Willits Unified School Board of Trustees believes and is focused on:
- The high level our teacher's ability.
- The amount of available resources for staff.
- The high level of staff involvement in decision-making, events, etc.
- Increased test scores across the district and to close the achievement gap.
- Giving students the tools to be prepared for 21st Century learning.
- Continuing to have trusting relationships across the district.
And has Unity of Purpose:
- Keeping the focus on students.
- Being knowledgeable about the district.
- Basing decisions on district needs.